Main Content

skip to bottom of page

Dean Of Guild Plans

Search the Dean Of Guild Plans database >>>

Major building works or alterations to existing buildings within the Royal Burgh of Dumfries had to be approved by the town's Dean of Guild. Along with the petition or applications for such permission, warrants showing that the work had been successfully completed and other associated papers, there are over 20,000 plans submitted to the Dean of Guild as part of the application process, dating from the late 19th century until 1974.

These plans, which have the location number MP118, are being sorted and catalogued by a team from the "Friends of the Archives of Dumfries and Galloway" including Cameron Graham, John Haradine, John Parkes, John Smith and George Thomson (the project leader).

The plans are being catalogued under the following headings : 1. Running number, 2. Address, 3. Project Type (eg workshop, shop, school etc), 4. Format (eg elevation, site plan etc), 5. Architect or Builder, 6. Date, 7. Register Number (where known).

Each plan is identified as : MP118/ running number

Copyright: Dumfries and Galloway Council and The Friends of the Archives of Dumfries and Galloway

Quick Search

Advanced Search

  (dd/mm/yyyy) NB: Records in the database date from the period 1892 - 1974.

  (dd/mm/yyyy) NB: Records in the database date from the period 1892 - 1974.

 

Page footer

End of page